Wednesday 6 June 2012

State Of The Union Address...

A grand title to be sure. Just thought i'd take a few minutes to bring you up to date with all that's happening in Renny land.

Ironically, as this is Renny's Game Corner, there's been very little gaming going on. I've played some ACTA, although this has been delayed by my singular failure to finish painting my Federation fleet. I'm hoping to get this moving again. I'm still playing AD&D every three weeks or so but haven't done much else. I did a bit of play testing for a friend back in March but other matters are filling up my time.

Things have been very busy on the real life front. My daughter has been singing in choir concerts. She continues to ride at weekends, and swim. That and homework has been keeping us all busy. We're deep in a creative homework project to do with space, and as such we've been making moons and planets and other fun stuff.
She also spent a weekend at Brownie camp in May

We've also had a 25 year reunion of some local bands which was a lot of fun. Saw a lot of old friends and reconnected with a bunch of people. We then spent a week at Center Parcs in Norfolk, attended my mum's 70th birthday party and lived through the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

I managed to see John Carter on the big screen, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and loved the heck out of The Avengers, like most of the rest of the planet, apparently.  

On a personal note, I've also picked up an arthritic knee, which had me in some pain for most of March and April. I've been referred for an exploratory surgical procedure on July 10th which will hopefully alleviate the situation. Luckily, the discomfort has subsided somewhat and as such i'm functioning more or less normally at the moment.

There you have it. Lots going on and lots to come. Hopefully i'll post some more updates soon.

No comments: