Saturday 21 July 2012

Icons

While i've been sitting around, recovering from my knee op, i've been looking at the Icons RPG again. Gaming is very sparse at the moment with the exception of my much loved AD&D game every three weeks. I seem to have a perpetual desire to play superhero rpgs. Icons is a strange thing. Released a couple of years ago to much acclaim, it seems to have dropped off the radar a bit. Based on Fate, it's written by Steve Kenson, the genius behind Mutants and Masterminds. Looking around on the internet, support for the game is a bit sporadic. There is no dedicated forum for it, unlike say the Atomic Think Tank for Mutants and Masterminds. PDF products are still being released including a great range of WW2 adventures and supplements from Vigilance Press. I have a hankering to run a couple of these and have spent a bit of time finishing off the WW2 characters my gaming group came up with a couple of years back. Now that the PCs are complete I may have to run this thing. Watch this space.

No comments: